Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ghosthunters Episode - Clovis Ave Sanitarium

I wanted to kick this out there. Not that I disrespect the show, but I have been to this place. The episode aired on November 19th 2008. This place up until a few years ago was the areas biggest Halloween attraction. It was called "Scream If You Can." I was friends with a close friend of Todd Wolfe, the owner. Every year they would come by the thousands to see his attraction. I was able to take a tour of the place before it opened for business. Todd took us around to see the place. What I saw was thousands of dollars he had invested into the main house and the hospital wing (which since has been moved to another location.) He purchased top of the line Hollywood movie props and gadgets to create the scary atmosphere. He had many secret compartments/trap doors in the main house, as well as audio and broadcasting systems, primary used to transmit voices and music throughout the house when in use for the attraction. Now with that said and watching the episode, I think that its possible the items mentioned were still in use. Wolfe Manor will be the name of the "Haunted Hotel" Todd will be opening now in that location. I think the Ghosthunters episode will lend a great advertising to Todd's venture, don't you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree completely. I've known Todd & Scott from the Wolfe for a long time and have known about the former haunted house there. After all the hype about this location I don't necessarily feel that it's as 'haunted' as they say it is. There are those that swear up and down and quite whole heartedly believe that something is still there...

Lately, ever since the ghosthunters Halloween fiasco...I've really started questioning the validitiy of their experiences. The tug on Grant's coat for one is pretty cool evidence...but it could have easily been rigged. Secondly the EVP that everyone heard...could have easily been a transmission from the local coast guard telling people to stay off the island at fort delaware that "They're not supposed to be here." Coming from a broadcasting background, stray transmissions from a powerful local signal like marine communications can be picked up by sound equipment and be heard by everyone...the broadcast audience, the crew & grant & jason since they had wireless earpieces in to hear from their producers. Now they honestly probably don't know what it was...but they won't even consider that it could have been anything else than an acutal EVP. To me, this discredits them. If you're claiming scientific investigations...then you have to work under occum's razor stating that the easiest explanation is probably the correct one...and I just don't see that happening right now. Anyways...I love GH but I think the potential for a bit of manipulation on the producers end is very high.